READY FOR 2017...WHAT'S NEW YOU ASK?
With a new year comes some new and improved updates for the 2017 Peak to Brew Relay. Our goal at P2B is to continually improve the quality and safety of the event year over year.
2016 was a great year and we received a tremendous amount of positive feedback from last years race. We also sent out a survey to 2016 Teams to ask what is working and what could be improved...WE ASKED AND LISTENED! The new improvements for 2017 reflect the feedback on maintaining the positives and working to enhance other areas.
“Gorgeous scenery, by far my favorite relay visually...You guys raised the bar, and are the "ultimate relay", no contest..” – Becky, Lititz PA
“Hats off to the organizers of P2B! You led us through some stunning terrain...and brought us together with some of the world's finest human beings.” – Andy, Turin NY
COURSE UPDATES & ADDITIONS
- 2017 Course is ~14 miles shorter (~224 mi vs. 238 mi)
- More Balanced Leg Distances compared to 2016 Course
- New Side Road/Trail Routes to minimize main road distance on course
- Addition of New Trail sections on course
- Improve Start and Finishing Times for Teams (Ex: 10 min/mi Pace Teams)
- 2016: Start @ 4:00am and Finish @ 7:30pm
- 2017: Start @ 5:00am and Finish @ 6:30pm
NEW LEG/RUNNER VARIATION
- With 7 Sections of the Course we can now offer a diverse Leg/Van Option for Teams
- VAN #1: 4 Legs/Runner
- ~20 miles total distance for each runner
- VAN #2: 3 Legs/Runner
- ~15 miles total distance for each runner
- VAN #1: 4 Legs/Runner
NEW TEAM TYPE…6 PEAK + 6 BREW TEAMS
- Hard time finding 11 runners for a Standard Team…wish you only needed to find 5 Runners/1 Van?
- Then check out 6 Peak + 6 Brew Team and be paired with another 6 Runner/1 Van Team = Standard Team
100 TEAM LIMIT & FULL RELAY ONLY
- Why only 100 Teams? We believe long term success with anything is done through SUSTAINABLE growth.
- This year’s event will be entirely focused on the Full Relay…that’s right NO Half Relay this year
- Not to worry if 4 Legs/Runner is intimidating to you then try Van #2 and do 3 Legs/Runner
- Addition of Women’s V-Neck Style shirt to the current Unisex shirt sizes
- Another cool medal that will connect to last year’s medal…connect all 4 to make an amazing plaque (more info to come)
- New acrylic style pint glass that will be provided at finish line and will be your FREE Beer cup
- Team Awards!! Special Team Award for all members of the winning Standard and Ultra Teams
- Honey Badger Award!! NEW Honey Badger Award
MAJOR EXCHANGE UPDATES
- NEW local Food Vendors with some healthier options
- Well Dressed Foods, Tony Harpers, Utica Coffee, etc.
- NEW Finish Line Food Vendor...more info coming soon
- Two NEW Charity Teams to add to ADK Mt Club and United Way:
- Ophellias Place
- Run for the Fallen
LEADERSHIP VOLUNTEER TEAM & MORE VOLUNTEERS ON COURSE!!
- Addition of NEW Volunteer Leadership Team:
- Assistant Race Directors, Safety & Communication Directors, Medical Volunteers, Course Marshall's, Trail Volunteers, etc.
- Actively working with Charities and Local Organizations to have a larger Volunteer influence on the course for 2017
NEW VOLUNTEER INCENTIVE REFUND
- Registration Fee is all encompassing...no separate Volunteer Fee for 2017
- Teams will get a $50 REFUND for each Volunteer that registers on Run signup by 31 July and shows up on Race Day
- STANDARD TEAM LIMIT: 4 Volunteers = $200 Maximum Refund
- ULTRA & 6 PEAK + 6 BREW TEAM LIMIT: 2 Volunteers = $100 Maximum Refund
SAFETY, SAFETY, & MORE SAFETY
- GPS Tracking of each Team on the course at all times WITH SOS EMERGENCY FEATURE!!
- GPS Tracking devices smaller than your phone that will be carried and handed off with each runner. Race Directors, Volunteers, Teams, and Spectators can see where all Teams are on the course.
- No need to carry your phone with you or worry about being in cell service.
- In an emergency and in a remote area...use the SOS Button and our Race Headquarters will be alerted
- NEW RACE DAY COMMUNICATION PLATFORM!!
- Everyone will be connected directly to our Communication/Safety HQ that will be connected to the entire Volunteer Leadership Team
- DECREASED MILEAGE ON THE MAIN ROAD ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT TIME HOURS!!
- DEDICATED MEDICAL VOLUNTEERS & FIRST AID TENT AT MAJOR EXCHANGES!!
- WATER STATIONS ON COURSE FOR LONG RUNS DURING THE DAY OR NO VAN SUPPORT LEG!!
- RELOCATED EXCHANGE TRANSITION AREAS ON SIDE OF ROAD TO SAFER AREAS!!
REGISTER NOW AND BE A PART OF THE 2017 ULTIMATE RELAY EXPERIENCE
- REGULAR REGISTRATION ENDS 30 APR (Prices Increase 1 MAY)
- LATE REGISTRATION ENDS 30 JUN