2019 PEAK TO BREW RELAY
- P2B RACE DATES: 9-10 AUG 2019
- TEAM REGISTRATION PERIODS:
- VIP REGISTRATION (2018 TEAMS): 20 OCT - 20 NOV
- EARLY REGISTRATION: 20 OCT - 31 JAN
- REGULAR REGISTRATION: 1 FEB - 30 APR
- LATE REGISTRATION: 1 MAY - 30 JUN
WHAT IS P2B?
Are you looking for a challenge beyond the typical road race and an event that will build lasting Team camaraderie...then you are ready for Peak to Brew. The Peak to Brew Relay is the Northeast’s longest most scenic overnight Team supported relay race at 220+ miles. Teams of 6-12 Runners and 1-2 Support Vans will traverse the course over 42 unique legs.
The course will take Teams through the heart of the Adirondack Park and some of the most beautiful areas in the Northeast. From an epic Start at the summit of Whiteface Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway to an unforgettable finish and celebration at the historic Saranac Brewery, the Peak to Brew Relay is one of the most unique and challenging events in the Northeast.
WHAT TEAM TYPES ARE THERE:
You + 11 Other Runners Split into 2 Vans conquering the 220+ mile ULTIMATE Relay course. Standard Team consist of up to 12 Runners split into 2 Vans that Leap Frog each other along the course. Van #1 Runners will run 4 separate Legs averaging ~20 miles in total distance, whereas Van #2 Runners will run 3 separate Legs averaging ~15 miles in total distance.
You + 5 Other Runners Split in 1 Van conquering the 220+ mile ULTIMATE Relay course. Ultra Team consist of up to 6 Runners all in 1 Van where each Runner completes 7 separate Legs of the Course. Each Runner will average ~40 miles in total over the 7 Legs of the 220+ mile course. If you are looking for the ULTIMATE Challenge then the Ultra Team is for you.
6 PACK TEAMS
Same as a Standard Team with the only difference being you are only registering 1 Van and 6 Runners. We will then pair you up with another 6 Pack Team to make a Standard Team. Why do this? This provides Teams an avenue to participate that can not get 12 Runners together. It is also a great way to meet some new friends who share the same thrill of Relay running.
TEAM PRICING & WHERE TO REGISTER:
- TEAM PRICING AND REGISTRATION IS COMPLETED ON RUN SIGNUP: REGISTER NOW
- Registration into the largest most scenic Team Relay Race in the Northeast
- P2B Next Level T-Shirt for each Runner
- P2B Custom Finisher Medal...the ULTIMATE Relay Medal
- P2B Acrylic Pint...to fill with all the FREE Saranac Beer at the Finish
- FREE Team Admission to top of Whiteface Mt on the Veterans Memorial Hwy (Van #1 ONLY)
- FREE Beers at Post-Race Party
- There will be Team awards at the Post Race Party for all members of the following Teams:
- OVERALL WINNING STANDARD TEAM
- OVERALL WINNING ULTRA TEAM
TEAM PACE REQUIREMENTS: 7:30-10:00 min/mile
- If you think you will be faster or slower then this not to worry, you can still compete if you are okay with being held at a Major Exchange if you are to fast or moved ahead if you are to slow...all hold or move ahead times will be subtracted or added to your Finish Time.
TEAM EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS (PROVIDED BY TEAMS):
- Support Vehicle (1-2 depending on Team type and size). Must meet requirements outlined in Rules & Regulations
- Safety Equipment (Reflective Vests, Headlamps/Flashlights, Flashing Taillight)
- All participants are required to agree and sign a Participants Waiver prior to completing registration
NOTE: Minimum allowed participant age is 16 years of age by race day. Anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult over 21 and have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver and registration.
TEAM VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
The Volunteer Requirement is a non-mandatory incentive based Volunteer platform. What does this mean? Teams do not have to provide Volunteers or go through the separate Registration Add-On for paying for Volunteers...NO HIDDEN FEES. Instead the overall Team Pricing has been structured to account for needed Volunteer support in working with local organizations and Charities.
We will however provide an incentive to Teams who provide race day Volunteer(s). The Team Volunteer Incentive will be a $50 per Volunteer Discount off of the following years Registration. Volunteers will need to be registered under the Team on Run Signup by 31 July to be eligible for the discount. The discount code will be issued to the Team Captain after the event and once the volunteers have showed up on Race Day.
There is a limitation on the number of Volunteers each Team can provide for a Discount Cap:
- Standard Teams: Have up to 4 Volunteers Register for a Total Discount Maximum of $200
- Ultra Teams: Have up to 2 Volunteers Register for a Total Discount Maximum of $100
- 6 Pack Teams: Have up to 2 Volunteers Register for a Total Discount Maximum of $100