Join the ‘Brew Crew’ and become part of the AWESOME team of volunteers that makes this event possible. Volunteering for the Peak to Brew Relay gives you a chance to help make sure that the teams have a fun and safe time as they make their way along the course. This is also a great way to give back to the local community and organizations involved in the event. Without you this event wouldn’t be possible. THANK YOU for your time and support! You ROCK!
Because the race is 220+ miles long we need a small 'army' of volunteers to help in a lot of different ways. Oh! Did we mention that the Peak to Brew is an OVERNIGHT relay race? That means that we need volunteers to cover shifts around the clock for the duration of the race. If this sounds like fun to you, get some of your friends together and sign up for a night shift. If not, no worries, we have plenty of daytime shifts available as well.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Individually register for a shift on the RunSignup website (Volunteer Registration Here) during the volunteer registration period (June - July). All Volunteers will need to be registered by 31 July. Volunteer shifts are first come, first choice. Teams may not reserve shifts for volunteers.
- Provide their own transportation to and from assigned location
- Wear their official volunteer T-Shirt while at assigned location
- Be physically able to perform assigned duties
- Be willing and able to fulfill their entire shift at an assigned location
- Provide their own food and drink during shift (we will have water available for volunteers)
WHAT YOU CAN DO AND WHEN:
- Volunteer shifts are ~4-8 hours each
- There are a variety of ways you can volunteer and help:
- Packet Pickup/Team Check-In
- Exchange Locations (Major and Minor Exchanges)
- Start Line
- Finish Line
- Medical Team (Proof of up to date credentials required)
- Trail Support
- Course Setup/Tear Down Team
- Course Marshall's
- Advance Party Team
WHAT TO BRING:
- Good Attitude
- Comfortable clothes (warm clothes for night shifts)
- Rain Coat
- Sense of Humor
- Fun Costume or Outfit
- Work Gloves
- Folding Chair
- Small Cooler with drinks and snacks
- Flashlight or Headlamp With Extra Batteries
- Positive Energy
- Job Location and Driving Directions
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Bad attitude
- Alcohol, Tobacco or Drugs
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Go to the Run Signup link (Volunteer Registration Here) and register between June - July
- **Volunteer positions are on a first come first serve basis**
- Select desired position and follow signup instructions.
- Peak to Brew Relay will follow up with you after you register and as we get closer to race day!
- Show up on race day ready to have a blast!
TEAM VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
The 2017 Volunteer Requirement has been structured as a non-mandatory incentive based Volunteer platform. What does this mean? Teams do not have to provide Volunteers or go through the separate Registration Add-On for paying for Volunteers. Instead the overall Team Pricing has been structured to account for needed Volunteer support in working with local organizations and Charities.
We will however provide an incentive to Teams to reduce the overall Team cost by refunding money for each Volunteer provided. The Team Volunteer Incentive will be a $50 refund per Volunteer Registered under the Team on Run Signup by 31 July and shows up on Race Day. The Refund will be made through Run Signup to Team Captains after Volunteer has showed up on Race Day. There is a limitation on the number of Volunteers each Team can provide for a Refund Cap:
- Standard Teams: Have up to 4 Volunteers Register for a Total Refund Maximum of $200
- Ultra Teams: Have up to 2 Volunteers Register for a Total Refund Maximum of $100
- 6 Peak + 6 Brew Teams: Have up to 2 Volunteers Register for a Total Refund Maximum of $100