Are you looking for a challenge beyond the typical road race and an event that will build lasting Team camaraderie...then you are ready for Peak to Brew. The Peak to Brew Relay is the Northeast’s longest most scenic overnight Team supported relay race at 220+ miles. Teams of 6-12 Runners and 1-2 Support Vans will traverse the course over 42 unique legs.
The course will take Teams through the heart of the Adirondack Park and some of the most beautiful areas in the Northeast. From an epic Start at the summit of Whiteface Mountain Veterans Memorial Highway to an unforgettable finish and celebration at the historic Saranac Brewery, the Peak to Brew Relay is one of the most unique and challenging events in the Northeast.
Epic Start under the Castle at the Summit of Whiteface Mt. Veteran’s Memorial Highway, through the HEART of the Adirondack Park, to an Unforgettable Finish at the historic Saranac Brewery
The 2017 Peak to Brew Relay will be the 3rd anniversary of the longest most scenic Northeast overnight Team Relay Event. Teams and Runners will experience an amazing course and venues at each Major Exchange. At the finish Teams will be rewarded with a post-race party hosted by Saranac Brewery. Teams will start on top of Whiteface Mt in Wilmington, NY and finish at Saranac Brewery in Utica, NY.
HOW THE RELAY RACE WORKS
The team relay is comprised of Standard Teams (2 Vans & 12 Runners) and Ultra Teams (1 Van and 6 Runners). Standard Teams make up a large majority of the teams and will be comprised of 12 runners and 2 vans per Team with 6 runners in each Van (Van #1/Van #2). On a Standard Team the Team Vans will “leap frog” each other along the course from Major Exchange to Major Exchange where both Vans meet up for a brief period of time.
Van #1 with Runners #1-6 in hand will start the race with Runner #1 starting at the Start Line. Van #1 will proceed to Exchange #1 where Runner #2 will wait for Runner #1 to enter the Exchange and then Runner #2 will run to Exchange #2. Runner #1 will then get back into Van #1 and Van #1 will proceed to Exchange #2 to meet Runner #2. This will continue on until all 6 Runners in Van #1 have run the first 6 Legs of the course.
In the meantime Van #2 will be waiting for Van #1 at Major Exchange #6 (the first Major Exchange). Runner #6 from Van #1 will enter Major Exchange #6 and hand off the snap bracelet to Runner #7 in Van #2. Van #2 will now run Legs #7-12 cycling through the 6 Runners in Van #2 (Runners #7-12).
Van #1 will then proceed directly to Major Exchange #12 from Major Exchange #6 and will have ~3-5 hours to rest, get out of the van, get some hard earned food, sleep outside of the Van, etc. Van #1 will wait for Runner #12 from Van #2 to enter Major Exchange #12, where Runner #1 in Van #1 will start their second leg of the course (Leg #13).
This "leap frogging" of Van's from one Major Exchange to the next will continue along the course to the finish. Runners in Van #1 will run 4 Legs each and all Runners in Van #2 will run 3 Legs each for a total of 42 Legs. At the finish all Runners from both Van's will meet the final Runner on the course to cross the finish line as a Team.
Runner individual legs will range from 2-12 miles in length. Total combined distance for a given runner will be 13-24 miles. Runners will have anywhere from 6-10 hours of rest between each of their legs. Rest time is dependent on the team pace (ex: fast team pace = less rest, slower team pace = more rest).
Runners will transition to one another at transition areas called "Exchanges" (Minor or Major). Minor Exchanges are exchanges where Runners in the same Van transition to one another. Major Exchanges are where the last runner in the Van transitions to the first runner in the other Van (ex: Runner #6 in Van #1 transitions to Runner #7 in Van #2 at a Major Exchange). Major Exchanges are where a larger majority of Teams and Runners will be located at and will also have an event venue setup. Minor exchanges are only for the van on that section of the course. There are 6 Major Exchanges and 35 Minor Exchanges on the 220+ mile course.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER KEY FACTORS OF P2B:
- Only 1 Runner from each team will be on the course at a given time
- 1 Runner from the Team will be on the course throughout the entire race and even through the night hours (there is no point in the relay where every single runner from the Team stops and breaks until Teams reach the finish)
- The relay course consists of 7 Sections where each section of the course consists of 6 legs for a total of 42 Legs
- Standard Teams: Van #1 will run 4 Legs/Runner; Van #2 will run 3 Legs/Runner
- Ultra Teams: Van #1 will run 7 Legs
WHY PEAK TO BREW RELAY!!
The Peak to Brew Relay is the Northeast’s longest most scenic overnight Team supported relay race at 220+ miles. P2B is the new challenge in overnight relay races when compared to Ragnar Relay, Reach the Beach, and Hood to Coast.
P2B provides Teams with the same great overnight relay style race and takes it to the next level...the ULTIMATE Relay Experience level:
- PEAK > BREW: From one of New York's Highest Peaks to it's most Historic Brewery!!
- Start at summit of Whiteface Mt Veterans Memorial Hwy a top one of the Adirondack's 46 High Peaks
- Finish at the historic Saranac Brewery for an unforgettable 'Peak to Brew Fest' post-race party
- FREE Beer(s), Live Music, Food Trucks, and much more for Runners and Volunteers
- THE COURSE: P2B provides Teams the most scenic, challenging, and rewarding course in the Northeast
- Whiteface Mt, Heart of Adirondack Park, Tug Hill Plateau, Canal Trails, Beautiful Country Farm Land, Historic Saranac Brewery
- SUPPORTING LOCAL ORGANIZATIONS/CHARITIES: P2B has partnered up with two great local charities (United Way & ADK Mt Club) and also supports local organization fundraising events along the course...READ MORE
- 12 Runners + 2 Support Van Teams
- Van #1 = 4 Legs/Runner; Van #2 = 3 Legs/Runner
- 6 Runners + 1 Support Van Teams
- Van #1 = 7 Legs/Runner
6 PEAK + 6 BREW TEAMS:
- 6 Runner/1 Support Van Paired Up with another 6 Runner/1 Support Van to make a 12 Runner/2 Support Van Team
- Same as a Standard Team with the only difference that you only Register for one of the Vans (6 Runners) and P2B pairs you up with another 6 Peak + 6 Brew Team...READ MORE
- Van #1 = 4 Legs/Runner; Van #2 = 3 Legs/Runner