VOLUNTEERS...OR WE REFER TO AS THE 'BREW CREW'!!
Join the ‘Brew Crew’ and become part of the AWESOME team of volunteers that makes this event possible. Volunteering for the Peak to Brew Relay gives you a chance to help make sure that the teams have a fun and safe time as they make their way along the course. This is also a great way to give back to the local community and organizations involved in the event. Without you this event wouldn’t be possible. THANK YOU for your time and support! You ROCK!
Because the race is 220+ miles long we need a small 'army' of volunteers to help in a lot of different ways. Oh! Did we mention that the Peak to Brew is an OVERNIGHT relay race? That means that we need volunteers to cover shifts around the clock for the duration of the race. If this sounds like fun to you, get some of your friends together and sign up for a night shift. If not, no worries, we have plenty of daytime shifts available as well.
VOLUNTEER TIMES & LOCATIONS:
FINAL 2019 VOLUNTEER LIST (NAMES, LOCATIONS & TIMES): 2019 FINAL VOLUNTEER LIST
VOLUNTEERS POSITION OVERVIEWS:
The following link provides the detailed tasks required by each Volunteer Position: VOLUNTEER POSITION OVERVIEWS
EXCHANGE VOLUNTEER POSITION TRAINING VIDEO
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Individually register for a shift on the RunSignup website (https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/NY/Wilmington/P2BRelay) during the volunteer registration period that ends on 31 JULY. Volunteer shifts are first come, first choice. Teams may not reserve shifts for volunteers.
- Provide their own transportation to and from assigned location
- Wear their official volunteer T-Shirt while at assigned location
- Be physically able to perform assigned duties
- Be willing and able to fulfill their entire shift at an assigned location
- Provide their own food and drink during shift (we will have water available for volunteers)
WHAT YOU CAN DO AND WHEN:
- Volunteer shifts are 4-8 hours each between Thursday and Saturday of Race Week
- There are a variety of ways you can volunteer and help:
- Packet Pickup
- Course Set Up
- Exchange Locations (Major and Minor Exchanges)
- Start Line
- Finish Line
- Advanced Party (Greeting Volunteers at Exchanges)
- Course Marshall
- Medical Team (Proof of up to date credentials required)
- Post Race Party
- Clean-Up Crew
WHAT TO BRING:
- Good Attitude
- Comfortable clothes (warm clothes for night shifts)
- Rain Coat
- Sense of Humor
- Fun Costume or Outfit
- Work Gloves
- Folding Chair
- Small Cooler with drinks and snacks
- Flashlight or Headlamp With Extra Batteries
- Positive Energy
- Job Location and Driving Directions
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Bad attitude
- Alcohol, Tobacco or Drugs
HOW TO SIGN UP:
- Go to the Run Signup link (https://runsignup.com/Race/Volunteer/NY/Wilmington/P2BRelay) and register by 31 JUL
- NOTE: Volunteer positions are on a first come first serve basis
- Select desired position and follow signup instructions.
- Peak to Brew Relay will follow up with you after you register and as we get closer to race day!
- Show up on race day ready to have a blast!
TEAM VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
The Volunteer Requirement is a non-mandatory incentive based Volunteer platform. What does this mean? Teams do not have to provide Volunteers or go through the separate Registration Add-On for paying for Volunteers...NO HIDDEN FEES. Instead the overall Team Pricing has been structured to account for needed Volunteer support in working with local organizations and Charities.
We will however provide an incentive to Teams who provide race day Volunteer(s). The Team Volunteer Incentive will be a $50 per Volunteer Discount off of the following years Registration. Volunteers will need to be registered under the Team on Run Signup by 31 July to be eligible for the discount. The discount code will be issued to the Team Captain after the event and once the volunteers have showed up on Race Day.
There is a limitation on the number of Volunteers each Team can provide for a Discount Cap:
- Standard Teams: Have up to 4 Volunteers Register for a Total Discount Maximum of $200
- Ultra Teams: Have up to 2 Volunteers Register for a Total Discount Maximum of $100
- 6 Pack Teams: Have up to 2 Volunteers Register for a Total Discount Maximum of $100